As we race out of March, here is a list of shows to look out for in April on the West End stage… Click on links to BUY tickets in the Mates Ticket Shop.
- Sunset Boulevard, English National Opera: This eagerly awaited production will see Glenn Close making her West End debut in this semi-staged production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical based on Billy Wilder’s hit film. Runs 1 April – 7 May 2016.
- Boy, Almeida Theatre: This is the world premiere of Leo Butler’s brand new play that explores austerity London and brings it to life. The production is directed by Sacha Wares and designed by Miriam Buether. Runs 5 April – 28 May 2016.
- Funny Girl, Savoy Theatre: Following a sold-out run at the Menier Chocolate Factory, this hit production transfers to the Savoy Theatre, starring Sheridan Smith as Fanny Price and featuring songs such as ‘People’ and ‘Don’t Rain on My Parade’, this revival has proved popular with audiences and critics alike. Runs 9 April – 8 October 2016.
- The Comedy About a Bank Robbery, Criterion Theatre: From the creators of the hilarious and popular The Play That Goes Wrong and Peter Pan Goes Wrong comes this brand new show involving six incompetent crooks, a snoozing security guard and an enormous diamond – anything can happen when your in the company of Mischief Theatre! Runs 31 March – 2 October 2016.
- Doctor Faustus, Duke of York’s Theatre: This latest production from the Jamie Lloyd Company transforms Christopher Marlowe’s play, with additional scenes written by Colin Teevan and stars Kit Harrington in the title role. Runs 9 April – 25 June 2016.
- Show Boat, New London Theatre: This latest West End transfer is directed by Daniel Evans and includes memorable songs such as ‘Can’t Help Lovin’ Dat Man’ and ‘Ol’ Man River’. This classic musical is a story about freedom, loyalty and, of course, love. Runs 9 April 2016 – 7 January 2017.