Happy Independence Day to our American friends. As we charge headlong into July, here are a few hot show openings this month that you need to keep an eye out for… Click on links to BUY tickets in the Mates Ticket Shop.
1. American Idiot, Arts Theatre: This hugely popular musical returns to the Arts Theatre for a limited run only, following a hugely successful UK tour. Based on American band Green Day’s hit album, the production stars Amelia Lily and Newton Faulkner. Runs 8 July-25 September 2016.
2. Blanc de Blanc, Hippodrome Casino: This is the London premiere of the new circus show, which arrives directly in the city following a successful run at the Sydney Opera House. The show will deliver vintage glamour through cabaret and acrobatic talent. Runs 14 July-28 August 2016.
3. Exposure the Musical, St James Theatre: A brand new musical to hit the West End this month. The story follows an up and coming photographer as a stranger commissions him to find and shoot the seven deadly sins alive in London. It is directed by Phil Willmott and stars Natalie Anderson and David Albury. Runs 16 July-27 August 2016.
4. Groundhog Day, Old Vic Theatre: Another musical hitting the London stage this month, is the stage production of the classic 90’s film featuring music and lyrics from Tim Minchin (Matilda the Musical). It is directed by Matthew Warchus. Runs 15 July-17 September 2016.
5. How the Other Half Lives, Duke of York’s Theatre: Following a successful run at the Theatre Royal Haymarket, this production of Alan Ayckbourn’s comedy transfers to the Duke of York’s Theatre for a limited 12-week run. Runs 7 July-1 October 2016.
6. I’m Getting My Act Together and Taking it on the Road, Jermyn Street Theatre: This is the first major revival of the Off-Broadway and West End musical, returning to London for the first time in 35 years. The cast includes Landi Oshinowo (Shrek, Barnum, Sister Act) and Nicolas Colicos (Mamma Mia, Sunset Boulevard, Sister Act, The Bodyguard). Runs 6-23 July 2016.