The Blogger Recognition Award is given to bloggers by bloggers and it is a way to show appreciation for the commitment and hard work that is needed to start a blog.
How I started Break A Leg:
I started Break A Leg back in 2013 having written for online theatre reviewing publications and deciding I could have a try at this caper, myself. It started out as a west midlands based theatre review blog and has since become so much bigger than that. Although I’m regularly at the theatre in the Midlands, I also review all over the country, interview all manner of performers and creatives from across various genres of entertainment. I also include gig reviews and stand-up comedy so I’ve really broadened the scope. There are so many theatre bloggers out there that evolving is what’s driven Break A Leg forward and I was also absolutely delighted that the Break A Leg Awards which I debuted last year have really taken off. Read all about those here: Break A Leg Awards 2016 and here: Break A Leg Awards 2017
Advice For New Bloggers:
- Select a niche and write within that niche, try to keep your social media posts for the blog within the parameters of your niche.
- Choose a subject you’re passionate about, it will shine through if you love what you’re writing about.
- Networking, Networking and yet more Networking! I can’t stress that enough.
- Remember that you’re the face of your blog and your reputation will precede you.
- Help your fellow bloggers, especially those who write within the same niche – it’s not a competition, we’re all in this together and everybody wants to get something different out of it.
- Frantastic View – an amazing blog from Francesca Mepham which is reflective and positive.
- Mama Geek – Zoe Corkhill’s fantastic blog which is a font of all knowledge from both Zoe and her children’s perspectives.
- Life Of Ellie Grace – there’s a great mixture of everything on this blog and I happened upon it while seeking Manchester based bloggers for a PR job!
- I Talk Telly – From Elliot Gonzalez who loves telly as much as I do, so he talks about it!
- As Seen On Jean – a really chatty blog which I recently discovered and pop in on from time to time, now.
- Cityscape Bliss – I happened upon this blog when I attended a fantastic blogging workshop and it’s a real inspirational read.
- The Best Version Of Kelly – I really like the mixture of reviews and posts on this blog and I know that Kelly is new to it – but she’s doing a fine job.
- Inept Ramblings – Chloe Buckles is the owner of this one and I think it’s a great conversational read about life’s observations. Chloe has been known to guest blog for me, too. Thank You Chloe!
- Life In A Breakdown – This blog is brilliant for hints and tips plus there is something that everyone will identify with on there. Plus I’m supporting a fellow midlands blogger who is doing an incredible job.
- Carry On Blogging – I am an unashamed Carry On film fan, brought up watching them and still love to watch them now. So this blog is right up my street, ooh matron!