ChewBoy Productions has launched ChewFest, a brand-new multi-arts festival for early-career creatives to experiment for free. The inaugural event runs for one week at London’s Lion and Unicorn Theatre from 23 to 28 May 2022. Mark your diaries!
ChewFest is the latest creation from the weird, wacky and wonderful minds of the multi-award-winning ChewBoy Productions.
Following cancellation after cancellation of festivals for early-career creatives to showcase their work, the ChewBoy team wanted to curate a week-long event of celebrations, experiments and brand-new, never-before-seen work.
The festival aims to provide a free platform for early-career companies and creatives who are looking to either have their first credit on a London stage or are looking to be bold with their work in abstract ways.
Over the course of the week, ChewBoy will provide support to over 12 companies and individuals in bringing short and snappy pieces to a London venue.
The week-long ChewFest celebration will include:
- 5 new short plays from 5 new playwrights, performed by 5 recently graduated actors, culminating in our 555 performance of rehearsed readings
- 3 half-hour extracts of exciting experimental work from new companies
- A revival of award-winning TETHERED (ChewBoy)
- A brand-new collaboration with Proforca Theatre
- Collaborations with Gutter Street Theatre, Visability Film Festival and Yellow Hat Productions to forge brand new integrated, multi-disciplinary performances
- Free online workshops to support creatives in forming companies and producing projects
- A very special finale event, of which more details will be announced soon
- And much, much more!