IMPOSSIBLE, the world’s greatest magic show, will return to London this summer, following its acclaimed West End season last year. The show, which features the world’s greatest illusionists including new cast members Josephine Lee, Sabine Van Diemen and Magical Bones, will begin performances at the Noël Coward Theatre on Friday 8 July and run through to Saturday 27 August.
Fusing death-defying stunts, technological trickery, grand stage illusions and close-up magic in a fast-paced breath-taking performance, IMPOSSIBLE reinvents the biggest illusions in history in the greatest magic show on earth.
Audiences should prepare to be mesmerized and baffled as IMPOSSIBLE brings together world-class performers showing off a stunning range of magical artistry.
IMPOSSIBLE’s 2016 company includes:
- Magical Bones: South London street conjurer and break-dancing master Magical Bones is considered the world’s best hip-hop magician. Starting out in the music industry as a dancer for the likes of Madonna and the Black Eyed Peas Bones has since turned his attention to wowing the public with expert sleight-of-hand, and there’s no doubt the tricks up his sleeve will stump any seasoned skeptic.
- Chris Cox: Clear your mind before award-winning mind reading specialist Chris Cox gets his hands on it! Chris stars in BBC3’s Killer Magic, bewildering audiences with his unique mind reading talent. He’s the man behind the magic at Heston Blumenthal’s Fat Duck, he has flummoxed audiences including One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson and Jonathan Ross on stages across the country and continues to control minds in his multi-award winning tour Fatal Distraction.
- Sabine van Diemen: European star Sabine van Diemen has collaborated with some of the greatest illusionists in the world. She began her career in dance before delving into the world of magic and illusion where she has performed as Diva of Magic alongside names such as Hans Klok.
- Jonathan Goodwin: Daredevil and Escapologist Jonathan Goodwin will have audiences on the edge of their seats as he dances with death on stage. After first appearing on Channel 4’s Dirty Tricks, Goodwin has brought his unique stunts to various TV specials including The Seven Stupidest Things to Escape From and How Not to Become Shark Bait! In his television series The Incredible Mr Goodwin, he pushes the limits of possibility with stunts that range from extreme planking to climbing skyscrapers.
- Ben Hart: Ben invents unique magic which pushes the boundaries of film, theatre and television and tests the limits of illusion, including decapitation, vanishing and levitation. At the age of 16 he won the Magic Circle’s ‘Young Magician of the Year’ Award and his most recent show The Vanishing Boy sold-out to astonished audiences. He starred in BBC 3’s Killer Magic, where his unique and unorthodox approaches amazed audiences across the country and has recently been seen wowing BBC’s The Voice coaches.
- Josephine Lee: Grand Illusionist Josephine Lee is one of the fastest in the business, breaking the world record for the most number of illusions performed in 5 minutes with the world-renowned Hans Klok – an accolade held to this day.
Jamie Hendry, producer, commented:
“We were overwhelmed by the welcome that London audiences showed IMPOSSIBLE last year and are delighted to be returning to the Noël Coward Theatre with a bigger show than ever before. I’m proud to welcome two of the world’s leading female magicians, Josephine Lee and Sabine van Diemen to the company, and am excited about seeing audiences’ reactions to their stunning performances”.
IMPOSSIBLE is produced by Jamie Hendry Productions and Gavin Kalin Productions and is directed by Lloyd Wood with scenic design by Andrew D. Edwards, lighting design by Howard Harrison, video design by 59 Productions, sound design by Gareth Owen and music by Ryan Martin.