A brand-new cast has been announced for blockbuster SIX The Musical now running at the West End’s Vaudeville Theatre. The fresh faces for the six wives of Henry VII take over in Toby Marlow and Lucy Moss’ pop hit from Tuesday 16 November 2021.
It’s all change at the palace (and the Tower of London, where publicity shots were taken). For the first time in SIX her-story, there is going to be a completely new cast of West End Queens, alternates and swings. The new Queens are:
- Amy Di Bartolomeo (Catherine of Aragon) made her professional debut in ‘Starlight Express’ in Germany, toured the UK in ‘Priscilla, Queen of the Desert’ and made her West End debut as ‘Leibeswoosh’ in ‘Bat Out of Hell’.
- Amanda Lindgren (Anne Bolyen) hails from Sweden, was recently in ‘South Pacific’ at Chichester Festival Theatre, and has toured the UK and internationally in both ‘Miss Saigon’ and ‘The King and I’.
- Claudia Kariuki (Jane Seymour) made her professional debut as Sarah in ‘Ragtime’ at Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre. Her West End credits include ‘School of Rock’ and ‘Wicked’. She played one of the Divas in the recent ‘Priscilla, Queen of the Desert’ UK Tour.
- Dionne Ward-Anderson (Anna of Cleves) was in ‘Footloose’ (UK Tour) and is making her West End debut.
- Tsemaye Bob-Egbe (Katherine Howard) was the alternate Tina in the original West End cast of ‘Tina: The Tina Turner Story’, and Janelle Woods in ‘Beautiful: The Carole King Musical’, and
Leading Player in ‘Pippin’ (Garden Theatre).
- Meesha Turner (Catherine Parr) is a recent graduate of the Royal Academy of Music making her professional and West End debut.
They are joined in the cast by alternates and swings: Paisley Billings, Roxanne Crouch, Danielle Rose, Rachel Rawlinson and Esme Rothero. The current West End Queens continue to reign at the Vaudeville and will play their final two shows on Sunday 14 November 2021.
Electrifying music SIX by Toby Marlow and Lucy Moss has truly become a global phenomenon since its early days as a student production in a 100-seat room at Sweet Venue during the 2017 Edinburgh Fringe Festival. It is now being enjoyed as much as ever in its new West End home, the Vaudeville Theatre. It continues its sold-out UK Tour and has finally opened in New York to stunning reviews at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre on Broadway, and is due to reopen in Australia this December at the Sydney Opera House.
SIX was nominated for five Olivier Awards including Best New Musical. It won the BBC Radio 2 Audience Award for Best Musical at the Whatsonstage Awards, performed on the results show of ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ and has performed annually in front of thousands at West End Live in Trafalgar Square.
SIX is co-directed by Lucy Moss and Jamie Armitage, featuring choreography by Carrie-Anne Ingrouille. It is produced by Kenny Wax, Wendy & Andy Barnes and George Stiles.