Print Room at the Coronet will present a year of outstanding and emotionally vivid new international performance by some of the world’s greatest most creative minds, including Pulitzer Prize winner Don Delillo, Ben Okri, Anthony Neilson and Stephen Dillane. Three new commissions will play alongside UK premieres of productions from world-leading companies, and the Print Room at the Coronet welcomes the return of choreographer Russell Maliphant.
Artistic Director Anda Winters said:
“I love the way theatre from other cultures presents universal feelings and experiences in different ways – ways that can be both interesting and enlightening to us. These are plays from around the world that look at the inner working of the human soul, performed in startling, visceral productions that take you into other minds in startling and sometimes shocking ways, and ask questions that we all grapple with. I am delighted to bring such very accomplished writers, directors and performers to the Print Room at the Coronet as we bring this wonderful building back to life.”
Work in 2018 includes:
- maliphantworks2, four duets from acclaimed choreographer Russell Maliphant with a video installation by Maliphant and Fouras of a work conceived and shot by Tim Etchells and Hugo Glendinning
- From Poland, the UK premiere of the absurd, terrifying THE COMET, inspired by the life and work of Bruno Schulz comes from Teresa and Andrzej Welminski
- The National Theatre of Norway presentation of LITTLE EYOLF by Henrik Ibsen with Artistic Director of the Norwegian Ibsen Company and lead actor Kåre Conradi
- Ireland’s pre-eminent interpreters of Beckett’s prose, Gare St Lazare Ireland present HOW IT IS (PART ONE) by Samuel Beckett with Stephen Dillane, Conor Lovett and Mel Mercier
- A double bill of insightful short plays from Swedish master-playwright Lars Norén TERMINAL 3 and ACT, directed by Anthony Neilson
- The premiere of a new stage adaptation by Ben Okri of Albert Camus’ disturbing THE OUTSIDER (L’ÉTRANGER), directed by Abbey Wright
- The UK premiere of the moving LOVE LIES BLEEDING by Pulitzer, PEN/Faulkner and Man Booker International Prize-winning writer Don DeLillo, directed by Jack McNamara
- Poetry @ the Print Room is a regular series of readings by major contemporary UK and international poets.
Also at the Print Room at the Coronet in 2018, The Octandre Ensemble will present WAY OUT EAST Composer Portraits in which three composers will introduce their work in pre-concert interviews on Sunday nights throughout the Spring. Also a Festival of Italian Literature and a Festival of Estonian Literature.