Last night I visited the New Victoria theatre to see the UK tour of Legally Blonde. Seeing as I’ve already seen the show and reviewed it, I thought I’d do a bit of a different post and tell you some of my top reasons to see it.
1. It’s Feelgood Fantasticness: Legally Blonde is brilliant because it’s exactly what it claims to be: a feel good, pink and positive show. So many shows I’ve seen recently have been depressing or try and be dramatic, moving or life-changing so it’s really a breath of fresh air to see something fun and lighthearted. You’ll leave the theatre smiling and feeling great- what more can you ask for?
2. Dogs: Need I say more? Who doesn’t love a cute little pup scuttling across the stage? Whilst they’re not in the show a lot, their moments in the spotlight gain “aw’s” all around and are as cute as can be!
3. The Music is Crazily Catchy: I think Legally Blonde is a pretty underrated musical, I don’t really hear people talking about it much, but they should! The music is catchy, upbeat and has so many witty lines. There are various styles and so many wonderful vocal moments. You’ll definitely have the tunes stuck in your head.
4. The Performances are Brilliant: A great show with rubbish performances is pretty pointless to see, luckily they’re fantastic in this production. I’ve gone into detail in my review but the cast are super strong and very attractive as the larger than life characters. Especially great is Helen Petrovna’s ‘Whipped into Shape’ which makes me out of breath just watching!
5. It Has Lots of Heart: The story of Elle following her man to Harvard and realising she’s more than a typical Malibu blonde is sweet and heartwarming. The romance, drama and humour makes you root for the characters and provides a fantastic night out.
So there (right there!) we have five reasons to see Legally Blonde. To sum up, it’s a fun, lighthearted, brilliant show which you will definitely enjoy. As the days get shorter and colder, Legally Blonde is precisely the pop of warmth and light that you need.