Looking for a bit of thrill or a fright this Halloween? Love London Love Culture rounds up some of the best shows to see.
1. The Exorcist, Phoenix Theatre: for anyone who was thrilled and scared by either William Peter Blatty’s original novel or the 1973 film this will certainly be a show to put at the top of your list. NOT suitable for those under the age of 18 as it is head-spinning theatre!
2. The Woman in Black, Fortune Theatre: a firm scary favourite in the West End for many years now, the stage adaptation of Susan Hill’s chilling novel is certainly one to experience for thrills and jumps this Halloween!
3. Dracula, Tea Break Theatre, Sutton House: for those who want to fully immerse themselves in Halloween, then you might want to pay a visit to Sutton House to see Tea Break Theatre’s production of Dracula…
4. Young Frankenstein, Garrick Theatre: for those who love horror films – prepare to see them spoofed as they have never been spoofed before in Mel Brooks’ comedy musical that offers a new take on the classic horror story of Frankenstein. Having opened to five-star reviews, it is certainly worth a look!
5. The Toxic Avenger, Arts Theatre: another monster, another comedy filled show! Back in London following a successful previous run at the Southwark Playhouse, The Toxic Avenger might not be your typical show to see on Halloween but if you are looking for something a bit different this is the show for you!