Here’s a guide to some stars who are going to be treading the boards in the West End…
1. Stockard Channing in Apologia at Trafalgar Studios: the Tony and Emmy award winning actress will star in Jamie Lloyd’s production of Alexi Kaye Campbell’s play which originally played at the Bush Theatre in 2009. Channing is best known for her roles in Grease and The West Wing.
2. Rufus Hound, The Wind in the Willows, London Palladium: Rufus Hound will lead the cast of
this new production of the beloved story, which will also star Denise Welch and Gary Wilmot. The comedian reprises his role of Mr Toad, having originally played it when the musical made its debut last year.
3. Martin Freeman, Labour of Love, Noel Coward Theatre: the Sherlock star returns to the London stage for the first time since appearing as Richard III in Jamie Lloyd’s production of Shakespeare’s thriller in 2014. He will be starring in the world premiere of James Graham’s new play alongside Sarah Lancashire.
4. Sienna Miller, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Apollo Theatre: the actress returns to the London stage having previously appeared in As You Like it (Wyndham’s Theatre) and Flare Path (Haymarket). She will be appearing in Tennessee Williams’ play alongside Jack O’Connell.
5. Natalie Dormer, Venus in Fur, Theatre Royal Haymarket: best known for her performances in Game of Thrones and The Tudors, Dormer will appear in this West End premiere of David Ives’s comedy of desire and fantasy, directed by Patrick Marber.