Every week, a group of regular, dedicated, independent theatre bloggers gather together for intelligent discussion “from the audience’s perspective” about plays and musicals they’ve recently seen in London. Lively, informed and entertaining.
My Theatre Mates is delighted to syndicate the (still) As Yet Unnamed London Theatre Podcast (AYULTP).
This special annual edition reviews the highs and lows of the 2015 London theatregoing year, including assessments of the programming at flagship institutions and trends in the West End, Off-West End, fringe and beyond.
Subjects discussed (with timings) in this edition’s podcast:
- National Theatre [00:20]
- Royal Court [07:41]
- Almeida Theatre [13:44]
- The Greeks [16:29]
- Donmar [20:33]
- West End (Musicals, Star Vehicles and Jamie Lloyd) [23:25]
- Fringe and Off-West End Musical (Southwark Playhouse, Union, Landor, Ye Olde Rose and Crown) [29:35] Young Vic [37:14]
- Shakespeare’s Globe and Shakespeare in London [41:25]
- Fringe Theatre (Old Red Lion, Gate, Finborough, Arcola, Hampstead, Park Theatre, Theatre 503, Southwark Playhouse) [50:47]
The bloggers taking part in this week’s discussion are:
- T R P Watson – www.londontheatregoer.com
- Gareth James – garethjames.wordpress.com
- PaulInLondon – www.paulinlondon.com
- Julie Raby – julieraby.com
You can also listen to this podcast on ayu-londontheatre.org.